College Road Baptist is an autonomous congregational church. We are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, the Florida Baptist Convention and the Marion Baptist Association. We believe the following:
- We believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, without error, the only sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living.
- We believe in one God, the maker, preserver and ruler of all things whose perfect knowledge extends to all things, past, present, and future. He is eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is true God and man. He perfectly revealed and did the will of God. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father and is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that God originally created man in His own image and free from sin, but, by his free choice, man sinned against God,
brought sin into the world, inherited a sinful nature, and are under condemnation as transgressors.
- We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God’s grace, entirely apart from man’s works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and call on Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe that all true believers whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His Spirit, will never fall away from the state of grace. They shall be kept by the power of God through faith unto Salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the head of the church, which is composed of all true believers. They are committed to His teachings and exercise the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word. The biblical offices of the Church are Pastors and Deacons.
Baptism and The Lord's Supper
- We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to Christ’s suffering and death on the cross. These ordinances are to be observed by the church in its present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man’s salvation.
- We believe God will bring the world to its appropriate end and Jesus Christ will personally return in glory to the earth; the dead will be raised; and Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unrighteous will go into everlasting punishment, the righteous into everlasting life.
We also affirm the Baptist Faith and Message. To see a more in-depth description of our beliefs with scriptural references click the button below.